One of the main aims is to facilitate valuable collaborations with research groups, applying techniques that are fitting the research direction of the host laboratory. The applications aimed at developing cutting-edge scientific fields that fit into the strategic research areas of ITMO University would be given priority consideration. Interdisciplinary projects bringing together the strategic research areas of ITMO University (e.g. Computer Technologies and Controls, Translational Information Technologies, Chemistry) combining Natural Sciences, Information Technologies with other disciplines; e. g. Economics and Society, Life and Health Sciences, will be also given serious consideration.
Contract Period: 1 month
- PhD holders; for holders of Russian PhD: minimum 3 years of international experience in world's leading universities
- Without prior employment/collaboration history at ITMO University
- Assistant, Associate or Full Professor position (or similar) at one of the world's leading universities preferable
- H-index from 5
- COVID-19 vaccination is required
Expected Results (KPIs)
- Number of publications (in Web of Science and Scopus databases): no less than 1 in collaboration with ITMO researchers (young scientists, PhDs and MCs preferable) to be submitted within 6 months from the date the Fellowship began
- Cumulative SJR of the publication with ITMO affiliation: no less than 1
- Open lectures or seminars for the students and staff
Please note: ITMO Fellowship and Professorship Program deliverables cannot be substituted for deliverables of other ITMO University programs (for the purposes of reporting).
- Visa expenses, travel expenses (economy class), accommodation expenses (standard one-room apartment) for the period of 1 month in St. Petersburg**.
- 170 000 RUB salary (before taxes, equivalent approx. to 2 331 USD)*.
IMPORTANT. Please note that the purchase of accommodation and travel is made directly by ITMO University only. Reimbursement is available only for visa expenses.
No reimbursement is available for travel and accommodation expenses.
* According to USD to Russian Ruble average exchange rate in March 2020. Subject to income tax - 13% or 30% depending on the status in Russia.
** We cover all of the above-mentioned expenses but not more than 130 000 RUB (approx. 1783 USD) for the stay.
How to Apply
You may find the step-by-step instruction in the "Application" section.
Applications are processed according to the deadlines. Please check “Dates and results” for the relevant information.
We expect successful candidates to start their work at ITMO University within 6 months after the winners are announced.